Seven days of extraordinary events are on offer
Saturday, 26th May 2018:
- Official opening of the “Stammgästewoche 2018” with gala dinner in a festival marquee for all regular visitors.
- Music and entertainment by a host of stars from the Ziller Valley (including Ursprung Buam, Trio Alpin, Haderlumpen, Zellberg Buam, Die Mayrhofner, Zillertaler Mander)
Sunday 27th May 2018:
- 25th alpine meeting of the riflemen (Schützen) from Bavaria, North, East and South Tyrol and Trentino.
- Austria’s largest procession of traditional costume with around 8,000 participants.
Monday 28th May 2018:
Open house at the holiday region of Mayrhofen-Hippach – a peak backstage at one of the leading tourist destinations in Austria.
- Town Hall, Mayrhofen
- Town Hall, Hippach-Schwendau
- Tourist Office Mayrhofen and the Information Centre at Ramsau
- Europahaus Mayrhofen
- ErlebnisSennerei Zillertal
- Naturparkhaus Ginzling
- Hanger of the rescue helicopter “Martin 7”
Tyrolean evening at the bandstand in Mayrhofen with the “Schuhplattlergruppe Sonnwendler”, Schwendberger Geigenmusig, brass band of the BMK Mayrhofen, Mayrhofen male choir, and much more.
Tuesday 29th May 2018:
Mountain Festival – the Penken will become a stage for our regular visitors
- Tours of the technical installations of the new 3S Penkenbahn cable car
- Piste-bashers on display
- Technical tour and explanation of the process of making artificial snow
- Exhibition of the archives of the Mayrhofen cable car company
- Live music at the huts and restaurants on the Penken
- Musical hike with Martin and Alfred from the top station of the cable car to the Granatalm, including a visit to the Granat chapel
In the evening, there will be a special ceremony to honour our regular visitors at the Europahaus
Wednesday 30th May 2018:
Festival of the Side Valleys (Zillergrund, Stilluptal, Zemmtal)
- Tour of the hydroelectric power station in Mayrhofen, before taking transport to either the Schlegeis or Zillergrund reservoir (booking required)
- Regional delicacies and relaxing music provided by the restaurants in the side valleys.
- Walks to learn about herbs, walks with musical accompaniment, guided walks etc.
In the evening: Dr. Eckart von Hirschhausen (cabaret artist) at the ErlebnisSennerei Zillertal
Thursday 31st May 2018:
In the morning: chance to take part in the Corpus Christi procession
In the afternoon: a special journey on the steam train from Mayrhofen to Jenbach with music and culinary delights.
In the evening: The Mayor’s band at the Europahaus
Friday 1st June 2018:
In the afternoon there will be a gala concert at the Berghof Hall in Mayrhofen with performances by the Nockalm-Quintett, Monique and Marc Pircher