Safe on summer holiday
Dear Friends of the Mayrhofen-Hippach Holiday Region,
thanks to measures introduced by the Austrian Federal Government and the population’s discipline in adhering to them, it has been possible to contain the Covid-19 Virus. This means that imposed measures have been relaxed even further and we can enjoy a calm and safe start to the mountain summer. It is now up to us to ensure it stays that way. Let’s pull together and make sure we all stay safe.
The pre-Corona situation now applies again at the borders with Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Italy. People travelling to Austria from these countries require no quarantine nor negative COVID test results. Persons wishing to enter Austria from countries for which a travel warning applies, must present a negative PCR test when crossing the border in Austria, or enter quarantine for a period of 14 days.
The following restrictions apply from 24th July 2020:
- Restaurants and catering facilities within accommodation establishments may open from 06.00 - 01.00 hrs.
- Several people may sit together at the same table.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask in the following situations:
- on public transport (this also includes cable cars)
- at events in an indoor environment (except when assigned with a designated seat)
- in supermarkets and the food retail sector (e.g. bakers, butchers, pastry shops)
- in petrol stations with food sales outlets
- in bank and post offices, as well as postal service partners
- in pharmacies, nursing homes, hospitals and health resorts, as well as in places where health and care services are provided
- when the minimum distance of 1 metre cannot be maintained within the service sector (unless the risk of infection can be minimised by other suitable protective measures)
The latest information on Covid-19 in Tyrol can be found on the following pages:
We look forward to joining you for a mountain summer packed full of new adventures!