We're up and running again!
We want to ensure that our guests enjoy the safest holiday possible and take all Covid-19 protective measures very seriously. Our accommodation facilities, catering establishments, mountain huts and restauants couldn't be better prepared and are excited to look after you all over again!
The existing safety concept and free cancellation option up to 2 days before arrival gives you extra peace of mind and enables you to enjoy a carefree summer holiday in Mayrhofen-Hippach.
AUTRIA REOPENS WITH CLEAR AND SIMPLE RULES
From 19th May, Austria will be open for business again - across the board. During a recent press conference, the government announced new entry requirements issued by the Austrian Ministry of Health.
In principle, guests with proof of vaccination/past infection, or a negative COVID test will be allowed to enter the country.
Due to the ongoing progress of vaccination and the decreasing number of new infections, the Austrian Federal Government has announced further easing steps as of 01. 07. 2021 . Thus, from 1 July, the obligation to present a proof will only apply to persons aged 12 or over.
Further details on the announced easing can be found here.
3-G-Rule from 1 July 2021
3-G-Rule (Testing, Vacciation, Recovery) : What will apply from 1 July 2021?
From 1 July, the 3-G rule will apply in the following areas:
- Hotel industry and accommodation
- Recreational facilities (e. g. dance schools, animal parks)
- Cultural establishments (except museums, libraries, libraries and archives)
- Sports facilities
- Meetings (from one participant: more than 100 people)
- Trade and public fairs, congresses
- Testing obligation
The compulsory test is valid for persons aged 12 years and over.
What are the requirements for a stay in an accommodation establishment?
The following requirements apply from 19. 5. 2021
In pure accommodation (without gastronomy or services) an entrance test is sufficient for the entire stay.
When catering (breakfast, other meals) or services (wellness) are offered, then catering rules apply.
Which regulations apply to restaurants?
From 19 May all previous proofs are valid, from the beginning of June also as certificates/QR codes in the digital green passport.
For the purposes of the “3G rule” the following shall be considered as valid proofs:
- Testing: Negative PCR test (3 days), negative antigen test (2 days), self-use antigen test with digital recording (1 day). On-site self-testing will also allow access. However, this test is only valid for this one visit and only at the plant. For children, school tests will also be considered as entrance tests. No test obligation for take-away or suppliers.
- Vaccination: Can be proven by vaccination card, vaccination card or printout
- Recovery: secretion notification, antibody test, etc.
Zillertal Cable Cars
What to consider when using the cable cars?
The cable cars want to make their time on the mountain as safe as possible for their guests and employees and therefore take the Covid-19 protection measures very seriously.
It is therefore requested to observe the code of conduct and to wear mouth-nose protection during the gondola and lift rides. Learn more
Mouth and nose protection
When do I have to wear a mouth and nose protection?
From 1 July 2021:
Masks will only be required in
- interiors where a 3G certificate is not required (e. g. in public transport, shops and museums). In these areas, a simple MNS is sufficient.
- The FFP2 mask obligation only applies in the health sector and nursing care.
Obligation to register in the catering industry
According to the official regulation, registration is mandatory in the catering industry. Throughout the Zillertal, contact tracing is carried out using “TRACY”, a contact tracing web app.
Simply scanning a QR code makes tedious filling out a thing of the past.
Contact details only need to be entered the first time. Visitors have to check out again when they leave the restaurant etc.
How can I protect myself as best as possible under travel law when booking accommodation?
We recommend taking out travel insurance for the coming season. Many of our accommodation providers offer Europäische Reiseversicherung (European Travel Insurance) when you make your reservation. This now covers Covid-19 illness, just like any other unexpected serious illness.
How does online ticketing work?
Help to reduce crowding at the ticket desk by buying your lift pass, tickets for the outdoor swimming pools, paraglide flights,... online at myzillertal.app.
Austria is using a system known as the "Three Gs" (genesen, geimpft, getestet – recovered, vaccinated, tested). Before entering many places, you have to provide proof that you have a negative test, have been vaccinated or have recovered from Coronavirus. There are several uncomplicated testing possibilities free of charge for holiday guests.
▲ Free on-site testing
Antigen self test with digital results
- Anyone wanting to take advantage of the tourism and leisure opportunities or attend an event, but has not been vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19, can now test themselves for COVID19 free of charge every single day - preferably as part of their morning routine.
- The result of the antigen test is available after just a few minutes. The negative test result is then uploaded onto the www.selbsttest.tirol platform and the confirmation SMS or email is valid in Austria for 24 hours, permitting the bearer access to all amenities.
- Overnight guests receive the self-tests daily from their host, free of charge. The test procedure is a simple nasal swab. Your host will be happy to assist, should you encounter difficulties with self-testing or the upload.
Antigen & PCR test in an official drive through testing facility in Tyrol
- Anyone wanting to visit a restaurant, use the leisure facilities in Tyrol or attend events, but has not been vaccinated or recovered from Covid-19, can now be tested for COVID19 for FREE in one of the 40 drive through testing facilities in Tyrol.
- The confirmation SMS or email is then valid in Austria for 48 hours / 72 hours, permitting the bearer access to all amenities.
- Information on the nearest testing facility is available from your host.
- Register for the test online under tiroltestet.leitstelle.tirol. Just enter the address of your holiday accommodation as your home address.
TEST CENTRE IN MAYRHOFEN:
Stillup claw 830
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 08.00 to 12.00 hrs and 13.00 to 17.00 hrs
▲ PCR TEST
PCR testing is available at Sportclinc Mayrhofen at a cost of € 75,00.
Registration under: +43 5285 78485
Information Portal on Travel Regulations
The European Commission has made an interactive map available on reopen.europe.eu which you can use to find out about applicable travel regulations and measures relating to services and health and safety in the EU member states. The data is updated weekly and is intended to make travel planning easier.
What safety measures apply in hotels?
What are the rules for using cable cars?
Sports equipment rental: What rules apply here?
What are the rules for using swimming pools and spas?
What are the rules for using public transport?
Restaurants, mountain huts, bars and cafés: What rules apply?
How many CoV cases are there in Tyrol?
The latest figures on corona infections in Tyrol can be found here.
Still can't find the answer to your question? Our Info Team will be happy to help you.
Mayrhofen-Hippach Tourist Board
T: +43 5285 6760
We do ask for your understanding, however, that all information is provided without guarantee and is subject to change.