Mayrhofen-Hippach Holiday Resort in Zillertal (Tirol, Austria) has upped the bar for cycling & active holidays by setting up bike specialists. Selected accommodation that caters specifically to the needs of cycling enthusiasts.
A quality check has been specifically developed Tyrol-wide for cyclist-friendly accommodation, because cyclists often have different needs to non-pedalling guests. The criteria ranges from generous breakfasts to offering bicycle tools, a repair stand and secure bike storage.
Criteria & Partner Businesses
An excerpt of the required criteria:
- Athlete's breakfast (fruit, cereals,...)
- Bike store room
- Bike stand in front of the house
- Designated bike wash area
- Cycle/bike info corner
- Small bike repair kit
- Facility for washing and drying cycling apparel
- Rooms must be online bookable (e.g.: via the Tourist Board website, Tiscover,...)
- Cycling/biking information on the company website