Action Mount Penken & Leisure Mount Ahorn
Mountain Experiences for the whole family
Children and parents, athletes and recreationalists, nature lovers and lifestylers – everyone who goes on vacation has their own tastes and interests. Everybody has their own preferences and no one wants to miss out on any of them, especially on vacation.
Is stress pre-programmed? Not in Mayrhofen. The popular holiday region in the Zillertal is the perfect place to spend your holidays with the entire family.
- PENKENBAHN OPERATING TIMES:
30th May to 13th October 2019 from 09.00 to 17.00hrs (Kombibahn Penken from 09.00 to 16.30 hrs)
- AHORNBAHN OPERATING TIMES:
8th June to 27th October 2019 from 08.30 to 17.00 hrs. Ahornbahn hiker’s gondola: The Ahornbahn gondola whisks all mountain enthusiasts to the Ahorn Plateau in July, August and September every 15 minutes from 07.30 hrs onwards.
Take advantage of the opportunity to take a peek behind the scens during a cable car tour:
- Penkenbahn: Every Wednesday at 11.00 hrs at the mountain terminal of the Penkenbahn cable car, followed by coffee and cake at Gschösswandhaus
- Ahornbahn: Every Sunday at 11.00 hrs at the mountain terminal of the Ahornbahn cable car, followed by coffee and cake at im Café Bistro Kunstraum.
- Price: Adults € 32.50 / children € 16.50 (price includes the ascent and descent with the respective cable car, the guided tour as well as coffee and cake)
Action Mountain Penken
Here you can loook forward to an extensive network of hiking trails and bike routes. The Knorren climbing area, as well as the two Steinbock & Nadel via ferratas make the hearts of every self-respecting climber skip a beat.
Funsportstation is the source of great fun and action at the reservoir. Visitors can walk over water without getting thier feet wet inside the Funballz, or playfully explore the action mountain on mountain scooters. You can also test your sense of balance on the e-trial & motor skills course.
Leisure Mountain Ahorn
Austria’s largest cable car takes you up Leisure Mountain Ahorn to 2,000 meters above sea level. The Ahorn plateau is paradise for recreationalists and families.
Once there, you can look forward to strolling along the Leisure Trail and visiting four viewing platforms to see the most beautiful highlights of the Mayrhofen Mountains.
Delightful alternative entertainment is offered by the Sinnespfad, as well as a visit to the mountain playground of the Eagle's Stage, where eagles and buzzards perform spectacular flight manoeuvres.
The Zillertal Activcard is the perfect holiday companion for everyone who wants to explore the Zillertal mountains in summer.
Tthe Activcard is the ticket for ascents and descents with the Zillertal mountain railways from 30.05. to 06.10.2019.
It also opens the doors to selected highlights, guarantees mobility with public transport and free admission to all six Zillertal outdoor pools.
Fun & Enjoyment on Mount Ahorn
Birds of prey up close
Experience the eagles, owls, buzzards and, falcons at the "Birds of Prey Shows" at Leisure Mount Ahorn and allow the skilled falconers to introduce you to the habits and skills of these majestic animals. Diverse birds of prey will inspire you with their aerial acrobatics.
BIRDS OF PREY SHOWS
An extraordinary highlight at Europe's highest birds of prey sanctuary:
- Mid-June to mid-October
- Daily at 14.00 hrs (except Tuesdays)
- Duration: ca. 1 hour - admission from 13.45 hrs
- Eagle's Stage is 10 minutes from the top station of the cable car
- Eagle's Stage is freely open to the public from 10.00 to 12.00 hrs daily (except Wednesdays)
- Location: 10 minutes from the top station of the cable car
- Disabled-friendly access
- Suitable clothing: sturdy shoes
BECOME A SUMMITEER
There are more than enough mountain tours to be found in Mayrhofen. Whether easy beginner tours or challenging hut tours lasting several days - there is something to suit every taste and ability. Over 532 km of hiking trails and the Ziilertal Alps Nature Park with 422 km2 are waiting to be discovered by you.
Early birds and all those who have planned a long mountain tour can take the mountain gondola up the Ahorn (whatever the weather) from July to September. Austria's largest gondola will take you to the Ahorn plateau at 7.30 hrs. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to savour the early-morning tranquility on Leisure Mount Ahorn!
Adventure for nature-lovers
The "Sinnespfad- Sendory Trail" on Mount Ahorn is the perfect adventure for nature-loving explorers of all ages. Your skills and coordination skills will be put to the test!
Balance over tree trunks and overcome other natural obstacles. Hidden wildlife on the Ahorn Plateau plateau awaits you after every challenge.
- Sinnespfad Ahorn (Sensory Trail) is located along the Ahorn Leisure Trail (lower section)
- Free admission
- Other routes: Leisure Trail & Filzenalm Alpine Farming Trail
Visitors of all ages will find numerous opportunities to linger, rest and play along the buggy-friendly Leisure Trailand at Lake Ahornsee. Play zones and water oases along the Ahornbachl Stream also promise variety and fun.
Tip: Carts can be rented free of charge at the top station of the Ahornbahn cable car!
Kunstraum on Mount Ahorn
Pictures and works of art by local artists are on exibition at "Kunstraum" (Ahonbahn cable car top station).
Why not use the opportunity to sample some of the regional delicacies in Café-Bistro?
Tip: You can also enjoy a delicious breakfast daily from 08.30 to 16:30 hrs (closed on Tuesdays), after reserving in advance under (T: +43 664 5687209).
Kunstraum is open daily from 08.30 to 16.30 hrs. (CLOSED: Tuesday)
Locandy Audio Adventure Drama
"Der Wilderer vom Ahorn - The Poacher of Ahorn"
The Locandy Audio Adventure Drama along Leisure Trail Ahorn promises lots of thrilling suspense and needs you to solve some tricky riddles. With the help of the new Locandy App, the leisurely family walking trail transforms into an interactive audio adventure drama.
Explore the Leisure Trail Ahorn with the mountain mascot, Albert Adler, and enjoy all the thrills ans suspense of the whodunnit, "Der Wilderer vom Ahorn". (German only)
The Locandy App can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store and Google Play Store.
A breathtaking sunrise on the mountain, followed by a delicious breakfast - can you imagine a better start to the day?
- every Thursday from July to September
- between 5.00 am and 6.00 am - ascent with the Ahornbahn cable car to the Ahorn Plateau
- sunrise with breakfast at Café Bistro Kunstraum
Registration: by Wednesday, 14.00 hrs at all Mayrhofner Bergbahnen cable car cash desks or. T: +43 5285 62277
Action & Fun on Mount Penken
How about sampling a very special experience? Surrounded by a fascinating mountain world, Funsportstation offers action-overs of every age the kind of sporty experiences you don't encounter every day of the week. Mountain scooters, Funballz or a trip to the Knorren climbing area offer a very special opportunity for exciting and varied mountain experiences at Action Mount Penken. A free Wi-Fi hotspot is available at theFunsportstation, so you can immediately share pictures of these unique adventures with family and friends.
- Opening times: daily from 9.00 to 16.00 hrs
- Use the Penkenbahn cable car in Mayrhofen followed by the Kombibahn Penken to access the Funsportstation
- All activities are suitable for children, parents and grandparents.
- Our staff are constantly on-hand to provide assistance
Walking on Water
Have you ever wanted to walk on water? Well, now you can make your dreams come true at the Penken Reservoir – in huge, transparent, inflatable plastic balls.
With Funballz, the whole family can run and roll on water without getting wet. The balls are full of fresh air, have plenty of room for you to move around in, and can be used without any prior training.
Great fun for the entire family!
- Funballz can be used without any previous experience
- Our employees are always on site during use of the facilities.
- Maximum tijme limit of 10 minutes
- Balls are available at the Funsporstation
The different kind of mountain experience
The rental point for mountain scooters, a whole new mountain experience, is located right next to the Funsportstation. Diverse mountain scooters are available on which action-fans of all ages can explore Mount Penken on both thrilling descents, as well as more leisurely tours.
Je nach bevorzugtem Stil geht es dann mit dem entsprechenden Modell auf die Bergroller-Route.
Tickets: one 30-minute ride, or two rides (ca. 60 minutes)
Mountain Scooter Facts
- Suitable for children over 7 years with a height of about 135 cm and adults
- Prerequisite: you must be a proficient cyclist
- A valid form of ID is required as deposit
- Helmets are mandatory!
- Free hire of helmet & protectors at the Funsportstation
Tirolean Summer Cable Cars
The peak of happiness for everyone – is one way of phrasing it, when tall and small, young and old journey mountain-wards with the Tirolean Summer Cable cars. They are all summiteers in the truest sense of the word. The quality tested Tirolean Summer Cable Cars, which also include Mayrhofner Bergbahnen, whisk you up to the Tirolean mountains and make the wonderful panoramas, fresh air and varied natural landscapes accessible for all.